Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 2

First of all I have to say I was inspired and encouraged by the number of other women who upon reading yesterdays blog felt led to do the challenge as well! Now I have 6 friends doing this challenge and I am so excited to see how God blesses them and their husbands through this.
Day 2 ""...through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b
Today I was to continue being positive and uplifting with Jon and specifically I was to thank him for the things he does around the house. Since Mondays are the days he works late, I decided that my thankfulness would have to be expressed in an email sent to him at work. In the email I didn't just thank him in general terms, I specifically mentioned the things he does around our home. He does our laundry on the weekends so I won't have it all to do during the week. He helps clean the house when I ask, takes out the trash, helps with the cooking if I don't feel like it, swiffers the floors when asked, cleans up after dinner, unloads the dishwasher, gets the kids ready for bed, bathes them when I need the help and takes care of our cars (such as oil changes, upkeep, washing, etc.) If something needs to be fixed in our home he does it if he can and if he can't he finds out how! So I thanked him for all these things. I have made a point of being extra loving to him today and have found that my spirits have been lifted today just for being more positive and cheerful towards my husband:) So all in all it's been a good day!

Tomorrow Day 3 ""...love suffers long, and is kind..." 1 Cor. 13:4
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ
Jesus." Phil. 4:19
Tomorrow I am challenged to give my husband true words of encouragement and thank him for his kindness and consideration of my feelings and needs.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

ay to go on your encouragement today Stef! I actually am doing the 40 days with the Love Dare book. I have to be honest my heart this past month was becoming very resentful and bitter towards what my spouse "wasn't doing right". I was just being a peanut head! What a difference it made to not say one negative word for that one day! It was amazing how calm I felt by not saying anything negative towards Mike. Have you ever noticed the moment you start sharing your frustrations your anger flies to the roof!

Stefanie aka Mommy to Aden and Emma said...

Absolutely!! The moment I let spiteful and hurtful things come out of my mouth it's like an invitation for Satan to march right in and just make me so angry and bitter. I woke up today so cheerful and energized! WOOHOO. I am liking this spirit of thankfulness and peace:) That is so awesome that you are doing the Love Dare...I will be praying for you and please let me know how it goes!