Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 3

"...love suffers long, and is kind..." 1 Cor. 13:4
"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ
Jesus." Phil. 4:19
Today I am challenged to give my husband true words of encouragement and thank him for his kindness and consideration of my feelings and needs.

I wanted to do something creative to say thank you to Jon for his kindness and consideration of me. Since I love writing and it's been awhile since I have written a poem for Jon, I decided to put my feelings in a poem.

"I Love the Way You Love Me"

I love the way you love me

So passionate yet so sweet

Love words whispered softly

As your fingers brush my cheek.


I love the way you love me

With acceptance of who I am

You know just how to calm me

Like nobody else ever can.


I love the way you love me

With flowers and special gifts

You know just want I like

And when my spirits need a lift.


I love the way you love me

With forgiveness when I'm wrong

When I've messed up once again

You keep loving me right along.


I love the way you love me

Nobody else could ever do

Everything you are completes me

Forevermore I love you.




Since I won't be able to blog tonight (a friend is coming over) I decided to blog about it now. So far today has been good. I have been positive and encouraging in my words and actions to Jon! I am finding new ways to ask him for help instead of nagging. For instance my car needs looking at (again for the third time in a month) and I need him to look at it tonight because my fluids might be low. So when I called him at work, instead of complaining once again that he hasn't looked at it the time I wanted him to, I just told him the problem and told him that I would really appreciate it if he try to look at it tonight since I drive it every day and want to be safe with the kids. I think he took it well, as opposed to me nagging him. I look forward to giving him this poem I wrote for him and I hope it makes him feel special and loved.


Tomorrows Challenge: "let him labor, working with his hands what is good." Eph. 4:28


Tomorrow I am challenged to tell Jon how much I appreciate the hard work he does to provide for me and our children. I am challenged to not "dump on him" the moment he walks in the door. Instead I am supposed to remember that he has been at work all day and needs some let down time. This one will prove to be hard for me as pretty much every day the moment he walks in the door I am demanding something of him whether it be help with the kids, take out the trash, fix this or that, etc.! Pray for me, I know this really will be a challenge tomorrow!!

No comments: